Fundraising volunteers make a real difference to the work of Bobath Scotland and we really appreciate the generosity of people who give their time freely to help our cause.
For the volunteer, giving your time offers opportunities to build new skills and experience, or simply a chance to give back to your community. Whatever your role is, we will do our utmost to ensure that you get the training and support you need to make your volunteering experience as successful for you as it can be. The time you give is up to you – whether it’s a day a week or a few hours a month – and you will never be asked to do anything you are not happy with.
Types of volunteering
- Helping the fundraising team with shows, events or collections
- Assisting with administration tasks such as filing, mailing out literature, data inputting or counting money
- Placing collection boxes in your local community
- Research and exploring other avenues of fundraising
- Getting together with a few friends or colleagues to form a fundraising group and organising a quiz, race night, dinner dance, jumble sale, coffee morning or any other event!
- Persuading your employer/business or friends to adopt Bobath Scotland as their charity of the year
- Please note that, due to the highly skilled nature of our therapy approach, all volunteering opportunities are for fundraising, office-based or reception work and we cannot accommodate volunteers who would like experience in a therapy setting.
Without the help of our dedicated volunteers, we would not be able to help as many people with cerebral palsy as we do. If you are interested in helping us, please contact our fundraising team.
We work closely with journalists and other members of the media to maximise the opportunities for people throughout Scotland who have cerebral palsy.
If you would like to discuss your article or programme with us, please contact us via email here or by calling 0141 352 5000 and asking to speak to Stephanie Fraser. We want cerebral palsy issues to be given the importance that they deserve – at the heart of public debate – raising awareness of the needs of children and adults with cerebral palsy and their families. Together we can make a difference.
We are fortunate to have the support of a great many talented and committed volunteers who help with many different fundraising and administrative tasks. Please contact us if you would like to join the team and volunteer regularly by calling 0141 352 5000 or emailing us here.
If you’re interested in one-off or irregular volunteering, we do need bucket collectors, bag packers and event stewards from time to time. Please keep checking back for updates on new opportunities. Contact us on 0141 352 5000 | firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in any of the following opportunities: